mandag den 2. juli 2012

biography

it was only when I landed
that I realised
I was made of glass

and they swept
even the tiniest shards together
and put them all in
the recycling bin

that´s why I get around today
from the factory to the shops
and then to the household ´fridge
and when the housewife has used what
I contain this time
and rinse me thoroughly
she always lays me
in the recycling bin
so I will be reborn
many times yet
and never cut the dustman

so, dear consumer:
always keep nature in mind

always think of what
we see through

and so promise me one thing
never jump from high places
because it´s not certain
that you are made of glass

and despite everything
im not always too happy
about my contents
especially not when people
take the best before date seriously
then I often wish
that I were made of flesh and blood

from: navn nam við navn (1991)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar